- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Bravo is gearing up for its parent company’s annual upfront presentation.
On Thursday, the cabler handed out renewals to 14 unscripted series, while greenlighting six new projects including spinoffs of Million Dollar Listing and Southern Charm, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Renewed series include five iterations of the widely popular Real Housewives franchise, including Orange County, Atlanta, New Jersey, Beverly Hills and Dallas. Also returning are Vanderpump Rules, Shahs of Sunset, Flipping Out, Don’t Be Tardy, Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles, Married to Medicine, Summer House and Emmy winner Inside the Actors Studio.
That slate joins already renewed scripted series Imposters and Odd Mom Out, as well as unscripted entries Top Chef and Million Dollar Listing New York.
The network’s new projects include three unscripted series headlined by current network stars, or “Bravolebrities“: Bethenny Frankel (Real Housewives of New York), Shep Rose (Southern Charm) and Million Dollar Listing New York‘s Fredrik Eklund and Ryan Serhant.
The pickup news comes after a solid first quarter for the NBCUniversal cable network. While Bravo, like sister network E!, pushed further into scripted with the dark comedy-drama hybrid Imposters, unscripted series like the many editions of the Real Housewives remain the network’s bread and butter. Earlier this year, Bravo revealed a brand refresh and also unveiled a new larger set for late-night staple Watch What Happens Live With Andy Cohen.
“Our fans look to us for a very unique brand of top quality unscripted content they simply cannot get anywhere else,” said Jerry Leo, Bravo executive vp program strategy, lifestyle networks and production. “With many established franchises showing strong ratings growth, we’re able to explore new frontiers, and we believe these new series are really going to resonate with our audience.”
See more on the six new series below.
• Frankel and Edlund will team for Bethenny and Fredrik Property Project (working title), in which they come together in their new venture as real estate moguls and business partners. Viewers will watch as they tackle the ups and downs of scouting, buying and designing multimillion-dollar properties. The series shows a side of Bethenny and Fredrik, often through their humorous dynamic, that fans have never seen before as they make big flipping gambles in the hopes of even bigger payouts. Produced by Leftfield Pictures and B Real Productions with Brent Montgomery, Frankel, David George, Jordana Hochman, Will Nothacker, Jason Hollis and Eklund serving as exec producers.
• Serhant headlines Sell it Like Serhant, in which he puts his sales skills to the ultimate test when he answers the call of struggling sales representatives, desperate for his expertise. While Ryan learns the tricks of a particular trade, he will also give under-performing employees a head-to-toe business overhaul and turn them into sales machines. Produced by World of Wonder with Randy Barbato, Fenton Bailey, Tom Campbell and Danielle King serving as executive producers along with Serhant and Rob Bola as co-executive producers.
• Relationshep follows Charleston, South Carolina’s most eligible and loveable singleton, Rose, as he ventures to various cities across the country in the hopes of finding true love and a committed relationship. Shep is a complicated bachelor, and the right match will have to effortlessly fit into his particular lifestyle, which ranges from black-tie galas to surfing with him in Costa Rica. As Shep leaves Charleston to look for “the one,” he calls upon his friends in various cities from New York to Los Angeles to help set him up with women in hopes that they are a perfect match. Produced by Haymaker Productions with Aaron Rothman, Irad Eyal, Kate Fisher and Michael Meinecke serving as executive producers. Sarah Steinfeld serves as co-executive producer.
• Bravo has also greenlighted a second Southern Charm spinoff that follows the flagship series as well as the upcoming Savannah, Georgia-centered offshoot premiering later this spring. Southern Charm New Orleans offers viewers a glimpse into the sophisticated Creole culture of NOLA. Hidden away from the beads and beats of Bourbon Street is an exclusive community filled with wealth, legacy and tradition. Although the prestige in this town is plentiful, everything that glitters isn’t gold, and underneath brews a multitude of shocking secrets that could destroy the foundation of long-standing friendships. In a city where lineage and status are everything, how far will this ambitious group go to redefine their legacy and secure their spot at the top of this esteemed circle? Produced by InventTV and Vainglorious Productions with Michaline Babich, Whitney Sudler-Smith, Tim Maloney, Ashley McFarlin Buie and Sergio Alfaro serving as executive producers.
• Love Italian Style (working title) sees relationship expert Diann Valentine as she takes five beautiful, eligible bachelorettes who can’t find a good American man all the way to Italy, aka “Mecca,” where she breaks them down and builds them back up to be open to love. Sounds as sweet as gelato, but it’s not all gondola rides and delicious wine for these single ladies, who live under one roof in a decadent Roman villa, potentially vying for the same men and keeping one eye on the ultimate prize: a hot Italian husband. Produced by Asylum Entertainment with Steven Michaels, Jonathan Koch, Ryann Lauckner, James Macnab, Jacqui Pitman, Omid Kahangi and Grace Lee serving as executive producers.
• A Night With My Ex follows ex-couples who are brought together for the first time since their split for one night in a camera-rigged apartment with no crew. What they do or say during their night is completely up to them, but one thing is for sure: It will be surprising, emotionally raw and, in many cases, totally hilarious. Produced by Twofour America with Melanie Leach, Andrew Mackenzie, Bernie Schaeffer, David Eilenberg and Derek W. Wan serving as executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day