- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Giancarlo Esposito is going from playing a drug lord and Magic Mirror to a military man.
Revolving around a group of characters struggling to survive and reunite with loved ones in a world where all forms of energy have mysteriously ceased to exist, Esposito will play Capt. Neville, a tough military man with a genteel Southern manner who may not always be what he seems.
Supernatural creator Eric Kripke will pen the pilot with Abrams and Fringe‘s Bryan Burk on board to executive produce. Jon Favreau will direct the Warner Bros. Television/Bad Robot Productions project.
Esposito joins the previously cast Tracy Spiradakos, Graham Rogers and Anna Lise Phillips.
The casting marks the latest in what’s been a busy year so far for Esposito. In addition to his critically acclaimed — and Emmy buzzworthy — role as drug lord Gustavo Fring on Breaking Bad, the actor has been recurring on ABC’s fantasy drama Once Upon a Time as the Evil Queen’s Magic Mirror and recently booked a guest gig on NBC’s cult comedy Community.
Repped by Domain Talent and Principal Entertainment, Esposito’s credits include The Usual Suspects, Sherrybaby and the Tyler Perry‘s upcoming feature I, Alex Cross.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day