- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Betsy Brandt has boarded the second season of the Showtime drama, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Brandt will recur and play Barbara, new secretary to Dr. William Masters (Michael Sheen). She fills the role previously held by Margo Martindale‘s Miss Horchow, who guest-starred in the series premiere, and Caitlin Fitzgerald‘s Libby, who temporarily filled in as his secretary in season one.
The role marks Brandt’s first gig after wrapping NBC’s low-rated freshman comedy The Michael J. Fox Show, where she co-starred as Fox’s wife. The series, which was pulled from the network’s schedule with seven unaired episodes to go, has yet to be rescheduled. Worth noting: Showtime has also booked Brandt’s Michael J. Fox co-star Wendell Pierce to guest-star in the second season of drama Ray Donovan.
Repped by Talent Works and Patty Woo Management, Brandt’s credits also include Magic Mike.
Brandt joins Akeelah and the Bee‘s Keke Palmer, who also booked a recurring role on season two of Masters.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Next Big Thing
The Morning Show
The Late Show