- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Fox has found its blogger.
Breaking In‘s Erin Richards is set to star in Fox’s untitled Mark Wahlberg–Steve Levinson presentation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Based on Nikki Joel‘s tell-all blog LifestyleLemonaid.com about her marriage to top WME talent agent Brandt Joel, Richards will play Nikki.
The project, which landed at Fox with a pilot-presentation order in September after two years at HBO, centers on a thirtysomething mother, wife and friend. In the Fox adaptation, the character is described as a life force with a sense of mischief who’s sexy, defensive and sometimes argumentative but always protective of her fashionista son.
Desperate Housewives‘ Jordon Nardino will pen the script and executive produce alongside Wahlberg, Levinson and the Joels.
HBO will handle production on the comedy.
For Richards, the project brings her back to the home of Breaking In, which the network unsuccessfully brought back from cancellation for a second season last year. Repped by WME and Magnolia Entertainment, her credits also include an arc on Being Human.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day