- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The youth-skewing network has given a script order to Copeland Prep, an hourlong drama set at a secondary school.
Ellis, whose credits include novels that were turned into feature films such as American Psycho and The Rules of Attraction, will pen the script and executive produce alongside Fake Empire’s Schwartz, Savage, Len Goldstein and Nicky Weinstock for Warner Bros. Television, where Schwartz is under an overall deal.
Twilight director Hardwicke is on board as an executive consultant on the project, which revolves around a premier secondary school so fiercely competitive that it’s turning its students into monsters — literally — and spreading the disturbing ramifications throughout the town.
Copeland Prep comes as Schwartz and company head into the 2012-13 TV season with four series on The CW: the final season of Gossip Girl, second-year drama Hart of Dixie and freshman entries The Carrie Diaries and Cult.
For his part, Ellis has been increasingly vocal of late, taking on subjects such as Nikki Finke, middle-brow sentimentality and late novelist David Foster Wallace.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day