- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The fiscal cliff can really make a guy sing.
As Williams read news leads, Fallon and Tarik, the singer of his house band The Roots, brought some soft lounge jazz crooning and more than a few euphemisms to the collaboration.
“When it comes to raising the debt ceiling, the president is having a hard time getting it up,” Fallon whispered. “Seems the GOP isn’t rubbing him the right way, especially with the country $64 trillion in debt.”
“We’re still in debt, but it’s all right. The United States couldn’t get any broker, gotta liquidate its assets like Al Roker,” Fallon added with a soulful croon.
“Ain’t nothing worse than a soft Boehner. Ain’t nothing worse,” Fallon growled a bit later. “Especially when it starts leaning a little to the left. And it’s going to take more than a magic pill like a trillion-dollar coin to stimulate growth in the private sector.”
We also got a new fan fiction proposal: 50 Shades of Brian Williams. Bravo, BriWillie.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day