- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After a several-week leave of absence to undergo knee-replacement surgery, Brian Williams will be back at his Nightly News anchor’s desk after the holiday weekend.
On NBC News, Lester Holt, the Nightly News fill-in host, informed viewers that Williams was given the go-ahead from his doctors and would return to work the Tuesday after Labor Day.
In a discussion between Williams and NBC News’ Dr. Nancy Snyderman, the anchor describes the recovery from surgery and ensuing physical therapy.
“I have worked hard with a lot of help from really good physical therapists,” said Williams. “You have to be a motivated patient, and I was a motivated patient. I was motivated to get out of 30 years of knee pain.”
Williams announced the surgery on his Aug. 1 show in a segment on chronic knee pain.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
The Late Late Show