- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
We’re still a week away from the release of Bristol Palin’s memoir, Not Afraid of Life: My Journey So Far. but the details are already coming out thanks to an advance copy purchased by the Associated Press.
Here are five revelations coming out from the 20-year-old’s memoir.
1. Palin writes she lost her virginity to Levi Johnston, her then boyfriend, on a camping trip with friends. According to Palin, that night she became drunk for the first time, and later had no memory of the encounter. She writes she had planned on remaining abstinent until marriage.
STORY: Bristol Palin Lands BIO Reality Show
2. Palin describes suffering through Johnston’s infidelities, with whom she has a son. She writes Johnston cheated on her “as frequently as he sharpened his hockey skates.”
3. Palin’s parents, Todd and Sarah, were apparently quite supportive when she told them about her pregnancy in 2008. They spoke with her about her future and her education.
4. The morning her mother was announced as Sen. John McCain’s running mate, Palin and her siblings were awoken by their father and told they were going on a surprise trip. They ended up in Dayton, Ohio, where McCain made the announcement.
5. Bristol had one reaction when she learned Johnston had posed nude for Playgirl: “Puke!” In another point in the book, she refers to Johnston as “the gnat.”
The memoir was co written with Nancy French and is being published by William Morrow.
STORY: Bristol Palin Admits to ‘Corrective Jaw Surgery’ Before Reality Show
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Horse Dies on Amazon’s ‘The Rings of Power’ Set, PETA Calls for Use of CGI Animals
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs