- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The final live semifinal episode of the eighth season of Simon Cowell‘s talent show Britain’s Got Talent on ITV drew the lowest ratings for the competition this season.
According to one observer, the performance this weekend also marked the lowest-rated live episode of the show ever.
The Saturday episode averaged 7.75 million viewers, also down from the equivalent episode last year, even though it drew an audience share of 41.1 percent, according to ratings consultant Attentional.
The performance continued a trend seen during the rest of the week. The first BGT live semifinal last Monday had averaged 9.6 million, down about 700,000 viewers from the first live show last year. ?The year-over-year drops continued, and the show’s ratings in recent days also lost steam compared to the rest of the season.
Observers have blamed less exciting acts and too many ad spots during the show as having hurt ratings.
The final episode of BGT will air on Saturday. ITV last year secured Cowell’s BGT and The X Factor for three more seasons. The BGT judges are Cowell, Amanda Holden, Alesha Dixon and David Walliams.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day