- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – The long-running British E4 teen drama Skins is to end after its upcoming seventh season in 2013, Channel Four said Wednesday.
That’s far longer than the Canadian-shot version of Skins from Company Pictures and Entertainment One that didn’t get to a second season on MTV.
“Skins is a brilliant show which has defined a generation and will go down as a truly iconic, game-changing piece of television, but after seven series it is time for E4 to make way for the next generation of the bold, the new and the innovative,” a Channel Four spokeswoman told The Guardian newspaper Wednesday.
Skins creators Bryan Elsley and Jamie Brittain first found ratings success with their drama about a group of Bristol teenagers on the digital E4 channel in 2007, before producing a North American edition in 2009.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Framing Britney Spears
Michael K. Williams
The Late Show