- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Marbella hotel is getting a visit from one of the biggest pop singers in the world.
Spears will appear in the fifth episode of the upcoming second season as the nemesis of Jane’s dad, telenovela star Rogelio De La Vega (Jaime Camil).
“We are so thrilled,” said showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman in a statement. “Personally, after hearing about their long-standing feud (from Rogelio’s point of view), we are eager to hear Ms. Spears’ side of the story, which we assume is quite different. #TeamBritney”
Season one of the acclaimed CW comedy welcomed Rita Moreno, Paulina Rubio and Nia Vardalos.
In addition to her prolific pop career, Spears’ acting credits include Crossroads, Glee, Will & Grace and a two-episode stint on How I Met Your Mother.
The new season of Jane the Virgin premieres Monday, Oct. 12, at 9 p.m. on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day