- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Rapper-actor Kid Cudi (aka Scott Mescudi) has booked a guest turn on the freshman comedy from Parks and Recreation duo Mike Schur and Dan Goor, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
In the comedy about a diverse group of detectives at a New York precinct, Cudi will play Dustin Whitman, an ex-con that Jake (Andy Samberg) is convinced robbed a jewelry store. He’s slated to appear in the third episode of the season.
Producers noted during their time at the Television Critics Association’s recent summer press tour that Brooklyn lends itself to high-profile comedy guest stars, with Cudi becoming the latest to nab a role on the buzzy series. (SNL‘s Fred Armisen appears briefly in the pilot.)
Cudi’s small-screen credits include How to Make It in America and The Cleveland Show. He’s repped by WME and Leverage Management.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine premieres Sept. 17 on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day