- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Lonely Island’s Akiva Schaffer is heading to Brooklyn Nine-Nine.
Schaffer, one-third of the comedy trio that includes Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone, will direct the season finale of the Golden Globe-winning freshman Fox comedy, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Production on the finale, which airs March 25 at 9:30 p.m., begins next week.
The news of Schaffer’s directing stint comes after The Lonely Island inked a multiyear comedy development pact with Fox in January and Taccone helmed Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Thanksgiving episode.
Repped by UTA and Mosaic, Schaffer is featured on The Lego Movie‘s “Everything Is Awesome” song as part of the trio and is behind memorable Saturday Night Live digital shorts like “Lazy Sunday” and “Dick in a Box.” He has directed the features Hot Rod and Ben Stiller‘s The Watch and was an executive producer on MacGruber.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day