- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Damon Wayans Jr. is returning to Fox.
The New Girl alum has been tapped to guest star on the network’s Brooklyn Nine-Nine, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Wayans will portray Stevie, Jake’s (Andy Samberg) first partner from back in their beat cop days. Set to air in early 2016, the episode will find Jake excited to relive their glory days as they investigate a case together — though that unfortunately will create a few bumps with Jake’s friendship with Charles (Joe Lo Truglio).
The casting brings Wayans back to Fox following his role on the network’s New Girl. Repped by WME, Rise Management and attorney PJ Shapiro, Wayans‘ credits include Happy Endings and My Wife and Kids.
Wayans joins a roster of Brooklyn Nine-Nine guest stars this season including Nick Offerman, Archie Panjabi and Mary-Lynn Rajskub, among others.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine returns in its new night and time on Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 9 p.m. on Fox, with the season premiere of New Girl set at 8 p.m.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day