- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Brooklyn Nine-Nine‘s Stephanie Beatriz has signed with ICM Partners, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. She was previously with Buchwald.
The actress plays the tough detective Rosa Diaz on the Fox police comedy, which is now in its fifth season. The character came out as bisexual in the series’ 99th episode in December, a development that was inspired by Beatriz’s own desire to see bisexual representation without being portrayed as “hypersexualized … duplicitous or villainous.”
Beatriz also recently executive produced and starred as a rape survivor in the indie drama The Light of the Moon, which won an audience award at SXSW last year and later was released by Imagination Worldwide. THR critic Leslie Felperin called her performance “powerful, unflinching and authentic.”
Beatriz next appears alongside Heather Graham, Molly Shannon and Angela Kinsey in Graham’s directorial debut Half Magic, which hits theaters Friday. The actress’ other film credits include Ice Age: Collision Course and Short Term 12, while her other TV appearances include Bojack Horseman, Bob’s Burgers and Modern Family.
Beatriz continues to be managed by Sean Elliott and Bob Glennon at Authentic.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
How I Met Your Father