- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
What would be Bryan Cranston’s greatest acting challenge? A one-man show dramatizing baseball’s postseason, of course.
The Breaking Bad actor fronts a short for the 2014 Major League Baseball playoffs, which will air on TBS. The video, released on Tuesday, shows Cranston as he tackles a fake stage show, set on a makeshift baseball diamond.
“I sunk a lot of money into this, but you never know when inspiration will hit you,” he says while watching a clip of Bugs Bunny throwing a pitch and hitting a homerun. “Any actor that tells you he’s not inspired by Bugs Bunny is a liar, frankly, or just a hack.”
The short also has Cranston hitting an audience member in the face with a baseball, throwing a pie in his own face after a successful game, delivering a dramatic reading of “Take Me Out to the Ball Game” and subjecting himself to ballet lessons — black tights included. Dancer Misty Copeland, sportscaster Ernie Johnson, Jr. and pitcher Pedro Martinez also make cameos.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day