- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Burn Notice is about to get grittier.
The Shield‘s Kenny Johnson has booked a guest starring spot in an upcoming season six episode of USA Network’s veteran spy drama as a world-class assassin, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.
Johnson, who also appeared in NBC series Prime Suspect, will play Tyler Gray in the pivotal midseason finale, “Desperate Times,” slated to air Aug. 23. Described as a merciless, cunning and physically fit operative, his character is the target of a CIA snatch-and-grab operation in Panama. Tyler is cleared on five different guns, speaks multiple languages and is said to be as devious as he is deadly.
This is a big week for Burn Notice; series star Jeffrey Donovan declared on Twitter that Thursday’s episode — which features several game-changing developments for its core characters — will “SHOCK THE WORLD!!!”
In addition to The Shield and Prime Suspect, the Paradigm-repped Johnson has appeared in CBS’ The Mentalist, FX’s Sons of Anarchy and TNT’s Saving Grace.
Burn Notice airs 9 p.m. Thursdays on USA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams