- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CAA has signed top reality producer Magical Elves, The Hollywood Reporter has exclusively learned. The company was previously with WME.
As one of the giants in the unscripted space, Magical Elves originated such hits as Project Runway, Top Chef and Netflix’s Nailed It!, the latter two of which received Emmy nominations for outstanding reality competition this year. Its portfolio also includes Sugar Rush, Top Chef Jr., All In With Cam Newton, Braxton Family Values, Tamar & Vince, Cold Justice, In Defense Of and National Geographic’s upcoming Brain Games reboot.
The agency move comes a month after Magical Elves elevated executives Casey Kriley and Jo Sharon to co-CEOs. The company was founded in 2001 by Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz (who left to set up a new WME-repped venture earlier this year) and sold to U.K. media giant Tinopolis Group for $100 million in 2014.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day