- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This story first appeared in the May 2 issue of The Hollywood Reporter magazine.
With networks as diverse as HLN, Pivot and Spike unveiling slates of new reality shows during cable’s annual upfront season, even veteran TV industry experts need a cheat sheet to keep it all straight. Test your knowledge with these five shows, three of which are real and two of which THR made up.
Game of Crowns (BRAVO)
Logline: Six pageant wives compete on the “Mrs.” circuit, obsessing over swimsuits and interview skills — all while being dedicated mothers.
Grouchy Cat! (NAT GEO)
Logline: Ten feline owners hope to launch the next Grumpy Cat viral hit, complete with book deals and photo shoots.
Street Art Throwdown (OXYGEN)
Logline: Ten up-and-coming street artists compete for bragging rights and cash by out-painting one another.
Fat N’ Furious (DISCOVERY)
Logline: Ohio car enthusiast Tommy Christmas and his family-run service bring left-for-dead cars to life.
Sweathog Sensei (TLC)
Logline: Texas animal wrangler Jimmy Lee uses martial arts to help train pigs and other livestock.
Key: 2 and 5 are fake
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day