- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
“I’m the number one snubbed! That’s the silver lining!” she smiled to Ellen Degeneres in an Ellen interview airing Monday. “It hasn’t even come out! That’s the crazy thing — we’re so shocked and amazed that we have had this much love for a movie that hasn’t even been released yet.”
Aniston earned SAG, Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice nominations for her performance in the indie drama as a woman living with chronic pain, loss and addiction. She also took home a trophy from the inaugural People Magazine Awards and will receive the Montecito Award at the 2015 Santa Barbara International Film Festival on Jan. 30.
“What’s been so incredible is the amount of people that have come out to me who are suffering with chronic pain and in this same situation,” Aniston explained. “It’s unbelievable how much positivity it’s bringing to those who are kind of silently suffering. It’s a beautiful, hopeful movie.”
Cake opens in limited theaters Jan. 23. Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day