- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Showtime’s Californication delivered its highest season premiere Sunday, drawing 848,000 viewers at 9 p.m. for its fourth season opener.
Its Season 3 premiere attracted 27,000 fewer viewers (821,000). The series did not receive its typical Dexter lead-in.
Matt LeBlanc‘s latest, Episodes, performed well following Californication at 9:30 p.m., grabbing 768,000 viewers. Most importantly, the half-hour comedy had 91% retention from the David Duchovny-starrer.
New hourlong comedy Shameless, starring William H. Macy and Emmy Rossum, was the network’s biggest debut for a drama series in seven years, with 982,000 viewers at 10 p.m. Dead Like Me was higher with 1.11 million. (The Hollywood Reporter spoke with co-star Justin Chatwin recently about the series.)
Showtime also had its free preview weekend, but these numbers only pertain to subscribers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day