- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
While it’s unclear which song each artist will be performing at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, all three of the pop stars currently have a combined six songs on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Mendes’ recently released single, “In My Blood,” sits at No. 37 (chart dated April 21); Cabello’s “Never Be the Same” and Young Thug-assisted hit “Havana” are battling each other out in the top 20; and Lipa’s “New Rules” is still holding strong at No. 27, while her newer hits “IDGAF” and the Calvin Harris collaboration “One Kiss” are working their way up the chart.
Cabello, who is the only returning BBMAs performer (she made her solo live debut with “I Have Questions” and “Crying in the Club” at last year’s show), is up for three awards this year, including top female artist. Mendes is once again facing off against BTS in the top social artist category, which the K-pop superstars won last year.
More performers will be announced in the coming weeks. Be sure to catch Lipa, Mendes and Cabello on the 2018 Billboard Music Awards when the show is broadcast live on May 20 at 8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT on NBC.
This story first appeared on Billboard.com.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day