- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Canadian broadcaster Bell Media has picked up the Israeli comedy factual entertainment format The Gran Plan from Armoza Formats.
The licensing deal will see Bell Media tap indie producer Zone3 to turn the Israeli series about three grandmothers becoming life coaches for young people into a 13-episode season for Canal Vie to debut in March 2016. The strong-willed grannies offer advice on everything from first dates to last dates to career struggles to unhealthy addictions.
The Gran Plan, created by Artza Productions for Channel 10 in Israel, marks the second partnership between Israeli-based Armoza and Zone3 after they adapted the game show While You Were Sleeping for the Canadian market.
Armoza Formats, which represents Israeli formats, earlier secured broadcast deals with NBC, HBO, BBC and Channel Four in the UK, TF1 in France and RTL in Germany. Armoza also earlier teamed with rival Canadian broadcaster Quebecor Media to co-develop new TV format concepts.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day