- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster CTV has decided against ordering a second season of the freshman comedy Satisfaction, which stars Playboy Club‘s Leah Renee, Luke Macfarlane and Ryan Belleville.
“CTV extends its sincere thanks to Tim McAuliffe and DHX Media Ltd., as well as the entire cast and crew, and looks forward to working with them again in the future,” the broadcaster said on Monday in a statement after the decision not to renew the single-camera comedy was confirmed.
The 13-parter from Up All Night’s McAuliffe and indie producer DHX Media debuted June on 24 as a lead-in to the Charlie Sheen-starrer Anger Management.
The series centered on three friends who live together as they share relationship woes and wins.
Jessica Pare, Gordon Pinsent, Gabrielle Miller and U.S. stand-up comic Andy Kindler guest starred.
McAuliffe wrote Satisfaction with Mark Critch, Jason Belleville, Tim Polley, Jenn Engels and Ryan Belleville.
CTV has a slew of homegrown comedies in development and is expected to make announcements on new original series in the near future.
Lionsgate and DHX Media are distributing the Canadian comedy internationally.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day