- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian digital studio Secret Location is set to open a Los Angeles office after receiving an unspecified equity investment from Entertainment One.
Toronto-based Secret Location, a leading branded entertainment producer, will continue to operate as a stand-alone agency, as it expands into the U.S. market.
Secret Location’s founding partners, James Milward, president and executive producer; Pietro Gagliano, creative director and senior vp; and Ryan Andal, technical director and senior vp, will remain equity partners.
The deal also gets eOne, a Canadian-based producer and distributor, deeper into interactive content for brands, advertising agencies, producers and broadcasters.
The deal follows Secret Location doing digital content and products for eOne TV series like Storming Juno, Certified Funny, The Great Martian War, Rookie Blue and Perfect Storms.
“This is an incredible opportunity to invent the future of media and entertainment together, and we truly believe our existing clients will benefit from the scale and access we will achieve.” said Milward in a statement on Wednesday.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day