- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Canadian indie studio Marblemedia has hired a head of unscripted primetime programming.
Former Our House Media executive Sean Connolly has joined the Toronto-based company, overseeing unscripted content for the cross-platform producer, The Hollywood Reporter has learned. The hire comes on the heels of Marblemedia’s Los Angeles office pacting with Cirque du Soleil to co-produce content, and hiring former Momentum Entertainment Group highflyer Roberto Alcantara to lead a stepped-up push into primetime drama development.
Marblemedia and U.S. partner Out East Entertainment also are set to produce a scripted drama inspired by Ashley Madison users, with the adultery site’s CEO Noel Biderman on board the project. Connolly becomes vp primetime unscripted development at Marblemedia after most recently serving as vp development at Our House Media.
He held earlier executive roles at Red Apple Entertainment, Proper Television and his own indie shingle Gorilla Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day