- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Cable sports channel Sportsnet has renewed its long-standing Canadian deal for Barclays Premier League games for another three years.
But this time Sportsnet will share the multimedia rights for TV, online and mobile with arch-rival TSN.
Sportsnet and TSN will each air 190 games each year through the end of the 2015-16 season.
TSN previously aired around 50 English Premier League games per year, so parity with Sportsnet increases their rivalry for premium Canadian TV sport properties.
Financial terms of the deals with Sportsnet and TSN were not disclosed.
Sportsnet, which has aired English Premier League games since launching in 1998, in the last year has also unveiled multi-year, multi-platform rights deals for the UEFA Europa League, UEFA Champions League and World Cup qualifying round properties.
TSN, meanwhile, is the national broadcaster of Major League Soccer games in North America and has the Canadian rights to the Euro 2016 soccer competition.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day