- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Canadian broadcaster Shaw Media and indie producer Indian Grove Productions are moving closer to a possible second season of the homegrown medical drama Remedy.
Shaw Media has yet to give an official green light.
But more scripts have been ordered and the Remedy writers’ room is to start back up on Tuesday, the morning after the drama’s rookie season finale on Global Television on April 28.
The series bowed on February 24, 2014 and has averaged nearly 1 million viewers per episode on Monday nights to date.
That puts Remedy in hit territory in Canadian prime time, and makes it a rival to Saving Hope, another popular Canadian medical drama on the CTV network.
The series from creator and show runner Greg Spottiswood stars Enrico Colantoni, Dillon Casey, Sara Canning and Sarah Allen.
Bernie Zukerman is executive producing Remedy, along with Spottiswood.
Kelly Makin and Adam Barken are co-executive producers, with Jan Peter Meyboom producing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
The Fien Print
The Last of Us
Tyler James Williams
The Duffer Brothers