- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO – Smallville’s Laura Vandervoort has taken the lead role in the Canadian sci-fi drama Bitten.
The Canadian actress will perform the role of Elena Michaels, a female werewolf, in the upcoming series from No Equal Entertainment, Hoodwink Entertainment and Entertainment One.
The 13-part man vs. beast series is based on the Kelley Armstrong book series Women of the Otherworld.
The series, executive produced by J.B. Sugar, will start production in April 2013 in Toronto.
Vandervoort’s Bitten casting was announced at Toronto ComiCon, and additional cast announcements will be unveiled in the coming weeks.
Her lead character, having grown up as part of a werewolf pack, lives in Toronto as a photographer and finds her world beginning to crumble as she is caught between two worlds and two loves.
“Laura has complexity and strength, and is also very relatable, making her the perfect fit for a character struggling to maintain the life she desires, while fighting against who she really is, and for those she loves,” said Corrie Coe, senior vp of independent production at Space-parent Bell Media.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day