- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Now Canadian erotic TV channel Vanessa TV hopes the U.S.-based porn giant can boost its cable subscriber base after it unveiled plans Monday to rebrand as VividTV on Oct. 28. Vanessa TV launched in October 2010 as the local version of the Playboy Channel, with homegrown content scheduled alongside late-night XXX films.
The tie-up with Vivid includes a program supply deal for X-rated content and TV series like Brand New Faces and 100% Real Swingers. “Vanessa TV is without a peer in Canada as a provider of fine adult programming. We are delighted they are taking the lead in bringing VividTV to audiences throughout the country,” Bill Asher, co-chairman of Vivid Entertainment and head of its TV division, said Monday in a statement.
Vanessa TV, available for a monthly fee of $14.99, is carried by major cable services like Cogeco, Videotron, Bell and Shaw.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day