- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
TORONTO — Andrew Eddy, a veteran of Canada’s broadcast wars, has a new assignment, as vp of content and distribution at domestic broadcaster Shaw Media.
Eddy will report to Shaw Media president Paul Robertson, who recently also made the leap from Corus Television, both of which are controlled by the same parent, western Canadian cable giant Shaw Communications.
“Andrew (Eddy) brings over 20 years of media experience, most recently as vice president of content distribution and strategy for Corus Entertainment, where he was responsible for distribution strategy and sales for both linear and non-linear programming for specialty and premium television,” Robertson said in an internal Shaw Media memo.
Eddy rose through the marketing ranks at Corus under Robertson as both looked to build the cable and pay TV broadcaster’s subscriber base and ratings.
Then Shaw Communications last year got into conventional TV by acquiring the former Canwest Global Communications TV assets, and rebranding them as Shaw Media.
So Eddy is expected to bring his programming and affiliate relations expertise to the table as Shaw Media negotiates in an increasingly competitive Canadian TV landscape with cable and satellite TV carriers and program makers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day