- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Captain America: Winter Soldier directors Anthony and Joe Russo are headed to ABC’s Agent Carter.
Marvel Studios co-president Louis D’Esposito said the Russo brothers will direct episodes two and three of the upcoming series. He also revealed Captain America: The First Avenger director Joe Johnston is interested in directing episode four if the scheduling works out.
The series, which stars Hayley Atwell as agent Peggy Carter, takes place in 1946, after the events of 2011’s First Avenger. The series has not started shooting, but Atwell was on hand to introduce a short teaser featuring footage from First Avenger and the Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter (attached to the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray).
“The world is changing, and if history has taught us anything, it is that freedom is not free,” Carter says in a voiceover. “Sometimes the best thing you can do is to start over”
Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, who created Peggy Carter for Captain America: The First Avenger, said the show is an opportunity to mine territory they previously didn’t get to explore.
Atwell added there is plenty of material to draw upon.
“We see the cost psychologically and emotionally of someone taking on extreme pressure,” said Atwell.