- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chicago Justice is bringing a true fighter onboard.
Rocky alum Carl Weathers has joined the latest spinoff project, executive producer Dick Wolf announced Saturday at PaleyFest.
The actor, best known for his portrayal of boxer Apollo Creed, will play the state’s attorney of Cook County in the backdoor pilot for the new project, which is set to air as episode 21 of the current season of Chicago P.D.
“You try to get somebody who inhabits the role seamlessly,” Wolf said of Weathers when asked about the role. The veteran actor joins a cast that includes Philip Winchester, Nazneen Contractor and Joelle Carter.
“I hope Chicago Justice is going to be the fourth leg of the table in Chicago,” Wolf said later in the panel about the potential spinoff. “It’s one of the great unknowns — of when the chemistry or how the chemistry comes about and when it does, it’s fantastic.”
In addition to his roles in Rocky, Rocky II, Rocky III and Rocky IV, Weathers most recently recurred on USA Network’s Colony.
Chicago Justice (formerly titled Chicago Law) is the third spinoff from Chicago Fire and was officially put into development in January.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day