- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
During Gossip Girl‘s final farewell, The CW used the two-hour event to heavily tout its upcoming Sex and the City prequel The Carrie Diaries, premiering new footage from the first episode — all with an ’80s touch.
Based on the novel by Candace Bushnell, the WBTV/Fake Empire-produced Carrie Diaries takes place in 1984, when life wasn’t so easy for a young Carrie Bradshaw (AnnaSophia Robb).
In a new trailer that aired Monday evening, viewers saw more of the show’s plot and the colorful cast of characters, including a new boy in town and a 20something magazine employee, all to the beat of the early ’80s track “Goody Two Shoes” by Adam Ant.
Stefania Owen, Ellen Wong, Katie Findlay, Chloe Bridges, Austin Butler, Brendan Dooling, Freema Agyeman and Matt Letscher co-star in the hourlong drama. Executive producers include Josh Schwartz, Stephanie Savage, Len Goldstein, Amy B. Harris and Bushnell.
The Carrie Diaries debuts 8 p.m. Jan. 14 on The CW.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
Tiny Beautiful Things
‘Tiny Beautiful Things’ Star Sarah Pidgeon on Sharing a Role With Kathryn Hahn: “We Developed a Physical Vocabulary”
Following Scandoval, ‘Vanderpump Rules’ Star Ariana Madix Is Turning Her Relationship Distress Into Dollars
‘Unicorn Academy’ Trailer Offers Colorful First Look at Magical and Music-Filled Spin Master Adaptation (Exclusive)