- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Actress and author, Carrie Fisher, appeared on Wednesday’s Today show and showed off her recent 50-pound weight loss, but she obviously lost none of her sense of humor.
“I couldn’t leave [the house] to go shopping, because they didn’t have sizes,” Fisher tells Ann Curry about being overweight. “I exhausted the alphabet on bra sizes, moved into Sanskrit. I didn’t know they had the bra size I ended up with.”
Fisher, 54, attributes the weight loss to the Jenny Craig weight loss program, for which she’s a national spokesperson. And though she’s looking great, she says she’ll probably still cover her arms, because “after 50, there’s a law.”
She also joked that she may just slip back into the skimpy costume she wore as Princess Leia in Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, but privately.
“I want to get into the metal bikini and just walk around the house like an idiot,” she jokes. She then jests that she’ll create a metal bikini line for women over 40, “You, too, can wear metal bikinis over 40,” she laughs.”
Fisher is currently touring with her one-woman show, Wishful Drinking. And her HBO special of the same name is nominated for two Emmys.
Watch the interview below.
Email: Jethro.Nededog@thr.com; Twitter: @TheRealJethro
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day