- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Carson Daly is singing the blues over Britney Spears.
In a series of Tweets this week, he went off on the singer’s management team after they gave him a set of conditions before conducting a pre-taped interview with her.
Daly was upset he had to submit questions for approval and editing before air:
“I was jst TOLD my @britneyspears interview tomm on @ampradio MUST b pre-recorded & submitted 4 approval by HER mgmt b4 it can air! F THAT! never that restricted. Even when I interviewed Michael Jackson, it wasn’t anything like this…it’s really insane.”
Not everyone feels sorry for Daly.
One person Tweeted he was acting unprofessional, to which Daly replied: “I’M UNPROFESSIONAL? FAKING AN ENTIRE INTERVIEW? jst shocked her mgmt won’t let her do a normal interview. She probly doesn’t even know. I’ve known and supported her since she was 15. This has nothing to do w her. Just her ppl.”
Spears has had a lively week: She dropped her last album Femme Fatale to mixed reviews Tuesday and later lost Enrique Iglesias as a touring partner (though it’s possible he may join her on the road for some dates).
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day