- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Between responses of shock, disbelief and anger, media pundits have reacted strongly to the news of Casey Anthony’s not guilty verdict. The Talk host Julie Chen had a particularly strong response, tearing up and struggling to speak on-air.
“Help me out here,” she asks her co-hosts while attempting to relay the verdict.
Anthony was acquitted of the murder of 2-year-old daughter Caylee, though she was found guilty of lying to law enforcement.
Holly Robinson Peete also became emotional during the broadcast, as she questioned the efficiency of the U.S. legal system.
“Look, our justice system works for a reason, and as upset as I am right now, [these jurors] had a job to do,” she says. “They sat down, they listened to tons and tons of droning testimony and they weighed the scales. It didn’t come up the way, from sitting out here, I thought, but we have to remember, they’re sitting sequestered for over a month without seeing their families, without watching the news, without being online, so they have a different perspective. All they see is what they’re presented with.”
Watch the ladies discuss the verdict in the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day