- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NBC has cast its other Sackett sister.
The single-camera project revolves around the Sackett family, which is reunited when two estranged sisters perform an act of public heroism and are forced to navigate the aftermath together.
Wilson will topline the comedy as Sutton Sackett, the cautious, humble and smartest member in the Sackett family of train wrecks who moved as far from the others as possible the minute she was old enough. Now living a normal and boring life in California, she works as a cost accounting supervisor for a canned fruit and vegetable distributor and has dated three straight guys named Dave. Philipps is set as Sutton’s older sister, Maddy, the family’s living embodiment of their failure. Bradley Whitford will play their estranged father, Henry Sackett.
The casting for Wilson, who like Philipps had multiple offers this pilot season, brings her back to NBC after she starred on Happy Endings creator (and her husband) David Caspe’s follow-up, Marry Me. The writer-actress’ credits include Saturday Night Live and features Bachelorette and Bride Wars.
Luke Del Tredici (30 Rock) will pen the Sackett Sisters script for Universal Television and executive produce alongside Little Stranger’s Fey, Robert Carlock and 3 Arts’ David Miner.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day