- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Correspondent Lesley Stahl announced the interviews at the end of the newscast Sunday, promising “revealing, provocative conversations with the two major party candidates for president.”
Stahl will interview Trump at the White House, while CBS Evening News anchor Norah O’Donnell will interview Biden in Delaware. Vice President Mike Pence and Sen. Kamala Harris will also be interviewed for the program.
60 Minutes has previously featured both presidential candidates in the same episode back in 2012, when President Barack Obama and Mitt Romney sat for interviews with Steve Kroft and Scott Pelley, respectively. In 2008, Kroft interviewed Obama and Pelley interviewed Sen. John McCain in a similar format.
The interviews of Trump and Biden will take place just a few days after the final presidential debate is scheduled to be held on Oct. 22 in Nashville, Tennessee. NBC’s Kristen Welker will be the moderator.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day