- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS is looking to Conan O’Brien for laughs.
The network has ordered a pilot for Super Fun Night, a multi-camera comedy that revolves around three nerdy female friends on their “funcomfortable” quest to have “super fun” every Friday night.
The series, from O’Brien’s Conaco shingle in association with Warner Bros. Television, will count Bridesmaids‘ Rebel Wilson as its star, writer and co-executive producer. O’Brien, along with Jeff Ross (Conan) and David Kissinger (Eagleheart, Andy Barker, P.I.), are attached as executive producers.
Fun Night joins a handful of comedy pilots set up at CBS, including Jon Favreau’s Santa Monica set Tweaked and an untitled twenty-somethings ensemble comedy from The Muppets’ Nick Stoller.
For O’Brien’s part, this comedy is one of many projects that his Conaco has in development. Several others, including buddy comedy Fat Chance and an untitled Ben Wexler-run family-man comedy, are in contention at TBS.
Wilson and O’Brien are both repped by WME.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day