- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS is ready to explore making friends in the social media age.
The network has picked up an untitled script about a group of 20-somethings who find a unique way of making new friends, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Will & Grace alum Jhoni Marchinko will pen the script and executive produce the single-camera comedy, which hails from ABC Studios.
Sources tell THR that the “unique way” of making friends is inspired by Facebook’s “People You May Know” feature. (To be clear, the social-networking platform may or may not be involved by name.)
The pickup comes as broadcast comedy has had an increasingly challenging time cutting through the clutter. For CBS’ part, the network returned one of its two freshman comedies last season with The Odd Couple ranking as one of only five of 20 half-hours from last year’s class to move on to a second season.
Marchinko’s credits include Looking, The Comeback, 2 Broke Girls and Men in Trees. She’s repped by WME and Hansen Jacobson.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day