- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
NEW YORK – The CBS News Early Show is getting a new anchor team in 2011.
Starting Jan. 3, Erica Hill and Chris Wragge, co-anchors of the Saturday edition of The Early Show since 2008, will be the new co-anchors of the morning show. Hill also has been news anchor for the show since January. Jeff Glor will serve as the news anchor after the shuffle.
Marysol Castro, formerly of ABC’s Good Morning America weekend edition, will join the team as weather anchor.
Harry Smith and Maggie Rodriguez are out as co-anchors as is weather anchor Dave Price.
Smith will focus on news in a new role as substitute anchor on various shows. Rodriguez and Price will also stay with CBS News with details of new assignments being worked out.
The appointments were announced by Sean McManus, president of CBS News and Sports, and David Friedman, the executive producer of the Early Show.
“The Early Show’ is an important element of CBS News,” McManus said. “We constantly focus on how to improve the broadcast, and we think we have a terrific combination in Erica, Chris, Jeff and Marysol.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day