- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS News has named Jay Shaylor executive producer of the company’s flagship evening newscast, CBS Evening News With Norah O’Donnell. He will start at the broadcast network in October, based in Washington, D.C.
Shaylor joins CBS News from CNN, where he had been executive producer of The Situation Room With Wolf Blitzer, one of the cable news channel’s signature daytime news programs. Before CNN, he was the senior producer on ABC’s Good Morning America.
Shaylor takes over the broadcast from Kim Godwin, who had been helming on an interim basis.
He joins Evening News as the broadcast undergoes a notable transformation under anchor Norah O’Donnell. O’Donnell took over the anchor desk in July and will be moving the show out of the CBS Broadcast Center in New York to a new studio in Washington, D.C., making it the only evening newscast to originate from the nation’s capital.
CBS says that Evening News will move to Washington “later this fall.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day