- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CBS’ Extant is adding a digital guru to its ranks.
One Tree Hill alum Tyler Hilton has boarded the summer sci-fi drama from exec producer Steven Spielberg.
Extant is a futuristic thriller about a female astronaut named Molly (Halle Berry) trying to reconnect with her family when she returns after a year in outer space. The character’s experiences lead to events that ultimately change the course of human history.
Hilton will recur as Charlie, the chief coder on the Humanichs Project at the center of the story. The character is described as a digital rock star in the Humanichs Lab but belligerently analog at home. Because he’s valued so much at work, he’s more at ease there, while outside of the lab he can be a bit more socially awkward.
For Hilton, the role marks his latest series TV role since he played Chris Keller on The CW’s One Tree Hill. His credits also include Single Ladies and features Walk the Line and Charlie Bartlett. The singer-guitarist is repped by DBA and Berwick & Kovacik.
Spielberg, along with Greg Walker and Mickey Fisher, who penned the script for the CBS Television Studios and Amblin Television effort, will executive produce with Brooklyn Weaver, Justin Falvey and Darryl Frank. Berry will co-exec produce.
Camryn Manheim, Goran Visnjic, Pierce Gagnon, Annie Wersching and Grace Gummer co-star. Extant premieres on July 9 at 9 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day