- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Company insiders confirm that Hammer has transitioned into a digital content consulting role for CBS a few weeks ago. Press, who shared the title of co-president with Hammer, is now the president.
Press was the former marketing head of DreamWorks while Hammer was was the banner’s COO and acquisitions head. The two were named co-presidents in 2012. The fusion was made after the top post was left vacant by the departure of Amy Baer.
The company’s slate has performed modestly at the box office but it did succeed with the breakout horror movie The Woman in Black, which starred Daniel Radcliffe. Last year’s comedy Last Vegas also did well and the banner was behind Inside Llewyn Davis.
CBS Films has several films in the can, including the Radcliffe romantic comedy What If opening August 8 and Pride, a gay-themed British comedy coming out September 19. It is in production on its adaptation of the Kody Keplinger novel The Duff.
It also hopes to be active player at TIFF.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day