- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS’ 60 Minutes is set to air a recently taped interview with Stormy Daniels, the adult film star who reportedly had an affair with President Donald Trump, on March 25, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
Earlier on Thursday, The Washington Post reported that CBS News was going ahead with the scheduled date as sources at the network had told the paper that no one from the Trump Organization nor the White House has attempted to stop the interview from airing, despite a tweet from Daniels’ lawyer Michael Avenatti last weekend that Trump’s lawyers were planning an injunction.
Daniels, whose real name is Stephanie Clifford, alleges that she had an affair with Trump in 2006 and that she was paid $130,000 as part of a hush agreement agreed weeks before the 2016 presidential election. Trump’s personal Michael Cohen has admitted to paying the money but has denied the affair, and last month he reportedly attempted to get a temporary restraining order against Daniels to stop her from speaking about the matter.
Last week, Daniels’ lawyers sought to void the nondisclosure agreement, arguing that Trump had failed to sign the documents, enabling her to speak freely about the affair.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day