- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Hart Hanson is at it again.
Not long after the Bones creator’s spinoff The Finder was axed at Fox, the showrunner is developing Backstrom, an hourlong crime drama based on the books by Swedish criminologist/novelist Leif G.W. Persson, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
CBS has given a pilot production commitment to the project, which hails from 20th Television. Persson’s series revolves around Evert Backstrom, an overweight and offensive detective who attempts to change his ways. Hanson will write and executive produce alongside the author and his Scandanivan literary agent Niclas Salomonsson.
For Hanson, the project comes as he readies the eighth season of Fox’s Bones and months after the network canceled The Finder. Like Backstrom, Bones is partially based on the life and books by forensic anthropologist Kathy Reichs.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Thomas Brodie Sangster