- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Flipboard
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Tumblr
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
CBS’ Mom is keeping Marjorie around.
The comedy from exec producer Chuck Lorre has promoted Mimi Kennedy to series regular, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Kennedy had a recurring role on the freshman comedy playing Marjorie, an old friend-turned-enemy-turned-friend-again to Allison Janney‘s Bonnie, who meets Christy (Anna Farris) at AA.
PHOTOS: Broadcast TV’s Returning Shows 2014-15
The character appeared in seven episodes and was given meaty material, including a breast cancer diagnosis, helping Mom to find humor even in the darkest of scenarios.
Kennedy most recently filmed ABC’s Mind Games and has a recurring role on HBO’s upcoming comedy The Brink. She’s repped by Justice & Ponder and Wagner Talent. Her credits also include guest arcs on Veep, Mistresses and Anger Management.
CBS renewed Mom for a second season in March.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
‘TV’s Top 5’: Maureen Ryan on the Depths of ‘Burn It Down’ (Beyond ‘Lost’); Plus Finale-Mania
Scandal-Plagued U.K. Ex-TV Host Denies Grooming Much Younger Colleague, but Admits “I Did Something Very Wrong”
Lily Rabe on the Tragedy of Betty Gore Explored in ‘Love & Death’: “There’s So Much Misperception”