- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS News could soon be broadcasting 24 hours a day.
CBS’ news and interactive divisions are working on a digital video service and are talking with distribution companies to carry the service, BuzzFeed reports. The service would stream content produced by CBS News’\ staff as well as from its archives The content would be available on tablets, smartphones, gaming consuls, TV distribution services such as Apple TV, and on video sharing websites such as YouTube.
Sources said the proposed service is being spearheaded by CBS News President David Rhodes, who reportedly sees it as something that would make up for CBS not having its own cable news network like competitors NBC and Fox. The service is still several months from launching at the earliest, according to the report.
CBS News did not immediately respond to request for comment.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day