- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
CBS News’ Lara Logan was released from the hospital Tuesday around 5 p.m. and is resting at her Washington, D.C.-area home, according to ABC News.
She is in remarkably good spirits, adds The Daily Beast.
Logan is recovering from a brutal attack and sexual assault in Egypt that happened Feb. 11, the day Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak stepped down.
The Wall Street Journal reports that she was not raped, but that she was assaulted between 20 and 30 minutes.
The night before she was set upon, Logan told Esquire’s Politics blog that she, her husband, Joseph Burkett, and a producer were marched back to their hotel at gunpoint by soldiers.
“We were accused of being more than journalists,” Logan reported. “Very frightening suggestions were being made, suggestions that could be very dangerous for us.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Ticket to Paradise